Yes it was, a very good year for thoughtsofjustafan and for Alfie Boe too. If I asked Alfie, his 2015 highlights might include Classic Quadrophenia and Les Mis on Broadway but I’m sure meeting loads of adoring fans at various UK and US concerts would also be right up there with the best moments.
For me, 2015 has been a series of fabulous moments one after the other – I can’t possibly choose one as the best although the first three on the list would certainly be competing for the top spot!
- Interviewing Alfie for Classic Quadrophenia.
- Interviewing Alfie again for the first in the Club 24601 series.
- Chatting to Alfie at Somerset House and hearing him tell me that he reads thoughtsofjustafan…if Nikki Lewis hadn’t been there, I wouldn’t have believed it!
- Seeing my Classic Quad review from the Huffington Post quoted in a proper newspaper (the Guardian). The thank you from Alfie when I interviewed him shortly after was pretty special too.
- Addio Sogni di Gloria being voted the Best Alfie Boe Song (recorded) – last year’s favourite, Bring Him Home was number 4.
- Taking my 9yo to Alive @Delapre for his first Alfie concert and hearing the stand out Alfie song from 2015, Run:
- The Club 24601 series of interviews, beginning with Alfie and culminating with the current London JVJ, Peter Lockyer.
- Interview with David Steadman, of the D’oyly Carte Opera Company and hearing about Alfie’s very first tour as a professional singer.
- Finding out that the fan’s favourite Alfie Boe look is jeans, the tighter the better! Alfie in a suit was a (very) close runner up.
- Alfie in Les Miserables on Broadway – hearing the amazing reviews and happy fans was the next best thing to being there myself.
Thank you to everyone for reading and supporting thoughtsofjustafan – I really appreciate the time you take to comment on and share. In February this year we passed 30,000 hits and thanks to all you wonderful readers, we have now more than tripled that number – woohoo!
Thank you too for all the wonderful compliments you have sent over the year, you are all very kind.
Of course, I can’t let 2015 pass without thanking some extra special people who have continued to support me and thoughtsofjustafan:
Thanks to Debbie Bannigan for giving me the best gift anyone can ever receive; belief and confidence that I can achieve whatever I want to. Without your support, this blog would not exist.
Thanks to Linda Wellington for continually providing me with photos and videos and allowing me to use them. Thank you also for all the laughs along the way this summer – and for ferrying us to Northampton!
Thanks to Carole Hunt for continuing to allow me to use her photo for the main blog banner.
Thanks to everyone who allows me to use their videos here – Nikki, Jayne, Annie in particular.
Thanks to Roberta Kappus and Carole Hunt for being fabulous reviewers this year – I hope to be able to call on you again lovely ladies!
Thanks to Sue Black, Linda Anstee and Marie Blair for being my top social media sharers this year – thanks for spreading the word!
Thanks to my top commenters in 2015 – Linda McCann, Sue Redfern and Carole Naden. Love hearing from you!
Lastly, thank you to everyone who spoke to me at concerts this year and said they loved my blog – I love doing it! Special thanks to the super posse of friends who, amongst others, made it extra special this year: Linda A and Linda W, Sally, Cecelia and Cassie (I’ll never forget your comments while waiting for the ladies at Hampton Court!), Paul and Pauline, Jan, Carole H, Sue, Pam and Tina, Nikki, Annie, Pauline H, Pat and Janet, Jayne, Deb and Flo.
thanks for reading and sharing!