Merry Christmas everyone! What a year 2016 has been for Alfie Boe – and 2017 looks set to be just as good!
Thoughtsofjustafan usually looks back at the year at New Year but I have something else planned for this New Year’s post (make sure you’re subscribed to hear about it first!) so here goes my top ten moments of this year:
- Becoming the Official Alfie Boe Fan Blog in February this year – dream come true!
- Keep Me In Your Heart live and emotional at Blackpool…my buttons are still just about intact…
- A fabulous night’s entertainment with wonderful friends at Bournemouth.
- The Together tour itself and seeing so many happy fans getting tickets – even if the sale days themselves were just a little bit stressful!
- Alfie’s Opera Heroes on Radio 2, especially Maria Callas.
- Alfie finally talking about Strictly Come Dancing with proper knowledge, borne from watching the show – surely we have Michael to thank for that?!
- Interviewing The Thompson Twins’ Tom Bailey – what a gentleman.
- Interviewing Jennifer Warnes – I still haven’t got over her answer to the question about preferring duets to solo songs!
- Alfie and Michael hitting the top chart spot – it’s been a long time coming and so well deserved
- Alfie saying how nice it was to see me again at the Manchester meet and greet – him and Michael both loved the card from fans
Thank you to everyone for reading and supporting thoughtsofjustafan – I really appreciate the time you take to comment and share. Recently, we passed the staggering number of 160,000 hits – thank you!
Thank you too for all the wonderful compliments you have sent over the year, you are all very kind. It never fails to amaze me how widespread Alfie’s fans are – click here to see where we all are.
There are some extra special people to thank who make thoughtsofjustafan possible:
Thanks to Debbie Bannigan for believing in me and ensuring that I too, believe in me. You are amazingly generous and thoughtsofjustafan would not continue to exist without you.
Thanks to Linda Wellington for continually providing me with photos and videos and allowing me to use them.
Thanks to Carole Hunt for continuing to allow me to use her photo for the main blog banner.
Thanks to everyone who allows me to use their videos here.
Thanks to Roberta Kappus and Carole Hunt for being fabulous reviewers again this year.
Thanks to Ellen Rook, Linda Anstee and Marie Blair for being my top social media sharers – thanks for spreading the word!
Thanks to my top commenters in 2016 – Linda McCann, Sue Redfern and Sally Cook. Love hearing from you!
Huge thanks to Emily at Vector for all your help and support.
Finally, without Alfie’s support there would be no thoughtsofjustafan – thanks for everything in 2016 Alfie!